Whatever the task our children always rise to a challenge!
Visit us at different times of the year and you will see the children...
- Acting, speaking, singing and dancing in a range of plays and productions
- Playing instruments in informal concerts
- Making ice cakes and exploring Jack Frost patterns
- Squashing buckets full of grapes with their feet to make juice
- Watching our chicks hatch, or letting our butterflies fly free
- Serving tea to grandparents, and finding out about life when they were young
- Getting involved in large scale art activities on whole-school Art days
- Looking down from the roof to find out about bird's-eye views
- Competing with racquets, bats, sticks and balls
- Building a campfire in Dingly Dell
For Reception children the caring ethos and values embedded in Nursery will have given them the foundations for their next steps. The children still enjoy a play-based curriculum but are ready for greater challenges and more independence. Children encounter a broad curriculum in Early Years and benefit from the wonderful outdoor spaces which the school has.
In Year 1 the children have a tangible sense of their increasing maturity; their independence grows and they become more responsible for themselves. Life is full of surprises and they take delight in all the new things which they find themselves able to do. They enjoy using more of the school facilities: the ICT suite, the sports hall and the pottery room are popular venues for lessons! They also begin to learn French.
Our Year 2 children know that they have reached the top of Pre-Prep and they are thrilled to take responsibility for the things we share such as setting up our hall for assembly, caring for a little friend and being the lunch helpers! The curriculum becomes more challenging and expectations rise. Literacy, numeracy and science are core subjects where children develop their skills and knowledge.
Happy children are effective learners! In the Pre-Prep it is the genuine warmth and affection of all relationships which gives our children the confidence to take the next step and try something new.